This section is always a hard one for me; just ask anyone who has ever had to read or hear one of my book reports...not because I don't like to share, but because I LOVE TO SHARE! In fact, it often feels like there is SO MUCH TO SHARE!
I hope we get the chance to have this conversation (or many conversations) face to face, but for now, I'll start here...
- I was born and grew up in North Dakota.
- I am (and always have been) a very sensitive and introspective being; a 50/50 split of Science & Spirit.
- I love to learn. I've completed undergraduate and graduate degrees in Psychology, yoga and meditation training, corporate and health coach trainings, and therapeutic bodywork trainings.
- I love beginning new things; I am learning to love being a beginner.
- I moved from ND to AZ for grad school and (it felt like) MY LIFE FELL APART.... I became aware of the many conditioned beliefs I held and for the first time, asked, "What do I want?"
- Right after grad school, I was hired as 1 of 6 on a Corporate Coaching team for a Fortune 500 company.
- The job relocated me to Chicago, and that's where I met my now husband (wasn't planning on getting married)
- A couple of years into the corporate “grind” (aka non-stop travel), my body started to "break down" (SPEAK UP!) in a way that communicated the way that I was approaching life WASN'T WORKING ANYMORE.
- After feeling stuck in what Conventional Medicine had to offer, I found my way to Naturopathic Medicine, and began to understand how my body was trying to communicate to me via symptoms (i.e. Adrenal Fatigue).
- I started a protocol and focused mainly on physical healing, and saw great improvements.
- While these improvements were BEYOND welcomed, they only took me so far, and healing was inconsistent at best for me.
- It wasn't until I began to acknowledge and address the underlying thought and habit patterns that were creating the cyclical behaviors driving me into burnout that true transformation took place.
- For me that included (and still includes) REST, SEEKING SUPPORT, and UTILIZING TOOLS TO CREATE GREATER AWARENESS.
- I currently live in California with AJ, and our two dogs, Guinness and Prana (I'll let you guess who's is who ;) ).
WHAT I'VE LEARNED ALONG THE WAY:
- Taking action that is aligned with OUR SELF-CREATED VISION FOR OUR LIVES is the most LIBERATING thing we can do.
- Time, space, and trying a few things on (while letting go of a whole bunch of stuff) are often part of the process.
- Compassionate, nonjudgmental support from someone who can carefully hold and inspire your vision while you create it can be an invaluable resource.
As Zen Master Thich Nhat Hahn says, "When our beliefs are based on our own direct experience of reality and not on notions offered by others, no one can remove these beliefs from us."
Ready to get started? Would you like my help?
Schedule a free discovery call with me here!
In honor of the BIG self work that is CRUCIAL, and often goes untaught, unsupported, and unnoticed,